Pursuant to Property Code Section 92.3515, these Tenant Selection Criteria are being provided to you. The following constitute grounds upon which Landlord will be basing the decision to lease the Property to you. Based on the information you provide, Landlord may deny your application or may take other adverse actions against you (including, but not limited to, requiring a co-signer on the lease, requiring an additional deposit, or raising rent to a higher amount than for another applicant). If your application is denied or another adverse action is taken based upon information obtained from your credit report or credit score, you will be notified.
- Criminal History: Landlord will perform a criminal history check on you to verify the information provided by you on the Lease Application. Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you may be influenced by the information contained in the report.
- Previous Rental History: Landlord will verify your previous rental history using the information provided by you on the Lease Application. Your failure to provide the requested information, provision of inaccurate information, or information learned upon contacting previous landlords may influence Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you.
- Current Income: Landlord may ask you to verify your income as stated on your Lease Application. Depending upon the rental amount being asked for the Property, the sufficiency of your income along with the ability to verify the stated income, may influence Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you.
- Credit History: Landlord will obtain a Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) report, commonly referred to as a credit report, in order to verify your credit history. Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you may be based upon information obtained from this report. If your application is denied based upon information obtained from your credit report, you will be notified.
- Failure to Provide Accurate Information in Application: Your failure to provide accurate information in your application or your provision of information that is unverifiable will be considered by Landlord when making the decision to lease the Property to you.