1) How much is pet rent?
In most cases there is a $300 pet service fee per pet and $35 per month pet rent per pet.
2) Are there restricted dog breeds?
Yes, due to insurance reasons. We do not allow Dobermans, Chows, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, or any breed under the Pit bull umbrella.
3) Do you accept Section 8 Housing?
We do not participate in the housing program.
4) Do you accept felons/sex offenders?
Yes, if the felony is non-violent or and over 10 years old. (DUI Felony needs to be 5 years old)No drug manufacturing felonies or sexual offenses, ever. Every application is reviewed on a case by case basis.
5) What are the credit requirements?
We require an absolute minimum of a 500 combined credit score between all applicants.
6) What checks are ran on my application?
We screen each applicant for credit, criminal/background, national eviction, and rental history.
7) How long does your screening process take?
Once we have all the documentation required, 1-2 business days.
8) Are there age restrictions?
At least one person on the lease needs to be 21 years of age. This includes co-signers.
9) Do you have short term lease options?
Typically 12 months is the average. Depending on the time of year we can look into a 6 or 18 month lease. However, Graystone Heights Apartments does short term leases as low as 2 months.
10) Do you have 24 hour maintenance?
Yes! We always have someone available in case of an emergency.
11) What is the pet policy?
Our standard pet policy is 1 cat or dog per home. Anything outside of that would need approval from the homeowner. Many homeowners are willing to accept more than one pet but some prefer to stick with with the standard policy. This is handled on a case by case basis.
12) When is rent due/ is there a grace period?
Rent is due on the 1st of every month. We have a 3 day grace period. Late fees start on the 4th of the month.
13) How can I pay rent?
Check, Money Order/Cashiers Check, Automatic payments (ACH), or you can pay with your bank account or credit/debit card through the online tenant portal.
14) How long can you hold a property?
Typically we can only hold a property for a maximum of 2 weeks. Anything beyond that will require owner approval.
15) What documents are neccesary to include with my application?
We require a copy of your photo ID & 2 months worth of consecutive, most recent pay stubs. If you are self employed we will need your last two years worth of tax returns.
16) How much is the security deposit on the house applying for?
Generally the security deposits are equal to one months rent.
17) What are the income requirements?
You must make at least 3X the rent. Depending on your credit score you may be required to make up to 5X the rent.
18) Will you allow me to paint the walls, mount my TV on the wall, or make changes to the property?
We do not allow any alterations to be done on any of the properties without written consent from the owner.